Generating leads is a critical part of any real estate business. Whether you're an independent agent, a small brokerage, or a large firm that's looking to expand its reach into new markets, the ability to generate leads will determine whether you succeed or fail in your business. But generating leads isn't always easy—especially if you don't have much money to spend on marketing and advertising. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways for real estate agents to find new clients without having to spend a fortune on ads or direct mailers: from simple strategies like hosting events with other businesses in your community (and offering them free food) to more complex ones like building partnerships with other companies that could benefit from your services (like home warranty providers).
Use a lead generator.
Lead generators are a great way to get started. They’re easy and convenient, and they can be used to reach out to potential clients as well as generate leads and contacts at an affordable cost. Lead generators also make it possible for agents to generate leads and sales immediately—no more waiting around for the phone to ring!
If you want your real estate business to become more successful in 2019, then you need lead generation services that will help you out.
Use a professional mailing list service.
You can reach potential clients through a mailing list service. The key to using these services effectively is to make sure you're getting good information and not just paying for random names. There are several different kinds of mailing lists, including:
- Listings from real estate agents
- Listings from home buyers (who may be looking for sellers) and sellers
- People who have shown an interest in buying or selling a home by visiting real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Redfin and others
Offer something for free.
- Offer something for free.
- Offer something that is in high demand.
- Make sure you have enough to meet the demand.
- Make sure the offer is relevant to your business.
- Be sure it's something that can be given away for free (or at a cost less than $1).
Invest in paid advertising.
- Invest in paid advertising. Paid ads are a great way to reach your target audience and generate leads. Social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram are great places to advertise, as well as Google Adwords or other online ad networks.
- Create a social media campaign that encourages people to contact you when they're ready to buy or sell property. This could be an ad that looks like this: “Get a FREE [INSERT YOUR SERVICE] consultation with the top agent in [CITY], today!"
- Create road signs and flyers that announce the availability of your services in specific neighborhoods, especially those close by where there is high demand for real estate agents such as new developments under construction or areas where there is home appreciation potential for potential sellers/buyers who want to cash out on their investment properties before moving elsewhere
Build partnerships with other businesses.
There are many ways to generate leads, but one of the most powerful is by partnering with other businesses. Your business is probably not the only one in your area that can help a potential client make their home their dream home.
Create partnerships that benefit both parties involved. You could offer to promote their business in return for them promoting yours, or perhaps you can provide a service that you do well and they don't (and vice versa). If these partnerships include sharing space with each other—such as an office space or storefront—that's even better! It's all about generating leads by bringing together people who may not have known about each other before, but now know where to go once they need what the other offers.
Host an event or open house.
Hosting events can be a great way to get in front of new people. If you’re not familiar with hosting, here are some tips.
- Start small. It’s better to do one event that goes really well than three events that don’t work out as well (and maybe even hinder your brand).
- Remind people why they should come out to see you or what makes your business unique and different from other businesses in the area. Tell them why they should buy from you over someone else.
- Make sure there is enough time for everyone who attends the event and that it takes place at an appropriate location (e.g., an activity center).
- Offer incentives for attending, such as free food or drinks and giveaways like gift cards or coupons for future purchases (if appropriate).
There are many ways to generate leads, and you don't have to spend a lot to do so effectively.
You can generate leads in many ways, and you don’t have to spend a lot of money to do so effectively. Here are some of the best ways:
- Posting your listings on home search sites like Zillow and Realtor.com
- Using social media like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to build a following
- Creating buyer’s guides or infographics based on data from your MLS listings
- Writing articles with helpful tips for prospective buyers or sellers that are published online
We hope that we’ve given you a good overview of what it takes to generate leads in real estate. If you need help getting started on any of these strategies, or want more information on how they work, then contact us today. With our help, you can be sure that your business will be generating leads in no time! If you're ready to turn your cold leads into sphere of influence quality check out our Realtor Accelerator Program.
Check out some of our other blog posts if you want to learn more about lead generation or how to get real estate leads online.